Coronavirus scare: Bengal man dies after returning from Saudi Arabia with fever – Times of India

Kolkata News
KOLKATA: A 33-year-old labourer from Murshidabad who had returned from Saudi Arabia on Saturday with cough, fever and breathing distress, and had been admitted to Murshidabad Medical College and Hospital, died on Sunday.
The swab sample has been sent to NICED in Kolkata to find out if he had been suffering from Covid-19. The report is expected on Monday.

Till now, no Covid-19 case has been detected in the state. Another Murshidabad resident, a 21-year-old youth who returned to Kolkata from Dubai on Sunday morning, was admitted to Beliaghata ID Hospital after being thermal screened at Kolkata airport and was found to have with fever, cough and cold.
Coronavirus fear goes viral: Why you shouldn’t panic
Doctors said the 21-year-old youth worked as a sweeper in Saudi Arabia and had been suffering from fever and cold when he took a flight home. After being screened at the airport, he was handed over to workers from the health department who brought him to Beliaghata ID Hospital in a special ambulance around 11.15am. He was admitted in IB6 ward and doctors said his fluid sample would be sent for tests on Monday.
Coronavirus outbreak: Dos and Don’ts
With the addition of the youth, two persons are now admitted to ID Hospital as coronavirus suspects. If their test reports are negative, they will be discharged but will be advised home isolation for four weeks.
Coronavirus outbreak: How to protect yourself
The 33-year-old victim had reached Kolkata on Saturday morning with cough, fever, breathing distress and body ache. He travelled to Murshidabad and was admitted to a hospital early on Sunday morning. He passed away around 4pm, less than eight hours later. The chief medical officer, health, of Murshidabad, Prasanta Biswas, said the cause of death is yet to be determined. “We have sent his swab sample to Kolkata for a test. All superspecialty and other hospitals in the district have been put on alert after the death. We are taking all possible precautions and stepping up vigil,” he said.
According to his family, the Belepukur resident was a diabetes patient. When he started suffering from cough and cold and had difficulty breathing in Saudi Arabia, he panicked.
“He was scared and rushed back as soon as he could. Unfortunately, his symptoms worsened very quickly even though he was admitted to hospital within hours of his arrival,” said his cousin.
The health department is now considering an upgrade of the laboratory at IPGMER for testing swab samples of Covid-19 suspects. “The state has set up 163 beds in isolation facilities. The training will allow more personnel to collect swab and serum samples according to protocol,” an official said.